Monday, January 27, 2014

No More Excuses


Have you ever felt like God was telling you to do something and you just refused to do what He was calling you to. If so welcome to the club the line starts right behind me and I am somewhere in line behind Men of God like Moses, Elijah and Jonah just to name the first three that came to mind. You see Scripture shows us time and again that God calls those who at first may not be willing but with a little convincing have gone on to do great and powerful things for God. We read part of Moses discussion with God in Exodus 4:10 as Moses makes an excuse for why God needs to send someone else.

10 But Moses said to the Lord, “Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either in the past or since you have spoken to your servant, but I am slow of speech and of tongue.” Exodus 4:10 (ESV)

Like I have said in the past I often feel like Moses when it is time for me to preach or teach God’s Word to others. However, God quickly defends his choice of Moses and it reminds me I did not call myself but God has called me.

11 Then the Lord said to him, “Who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the Lord? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak.” Exodus 4:11-12 (ESV)

You see God has everything under control whatever he has called you to He has already equipped you to do. Jesus told the Apostles something similar in Luke 12:11-12;

11  And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say, 12  for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.” Luke 12:11-12 (ESV)

 

The church for centuries has worked off the concept that all I need to do is bring people to church and the pastor will share the Gospel with them and I have done my part (Keasler, 2013). In reality more people accept Christ one on one while they are in friendship relationships than in the altar on Sunday mornings. That same friendship that you used to get them to church is the same friendship that allows you the opportunity to share Jesus with them. You ask how; I don’t know what to say. Just like Moses God has given you the tools you need if you are truly walking with Christ. Your own testimony of who Jesus is to you is the most powerful tool God has for you when sharing Christ. The transformation that comes from your allowing the Holy Spirit to dwell within you and equip you for your new life in Christ is the greatest proof or evidence of who Jesus is. I want to challenge you today what excuses are you making? Whatever they are God has already worked out the solution. For Moses God sent his brother Arron;

14 Then the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses and he said, “Is there not Aaron, your brother, the Levite? I know that he can speak well. Behold, he is coming out to meet you, and when he sees you, he will be glad in his heart. Exodus 4:14 (ESV)

 

Whatever your excuse if there is something God has called you to He will make away for you to do it. I don’t know about you but I don’t think God takes no for an answer in the lives of those he calls to do a work and we have all been given a job to do and Jesus has promised to go with you.

 

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”  Matthew 28:19-20 (ESV)

 

Be blessed today as you walk in the Light of God’s Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may not agree with me that is alright Jesus still loves you!